Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Raul Castro "suicided" his sister in law Nilsa Espin by emptying the magazine of his machine gun on her chest



Raul Castro "suicided" his sister in law Nilsa Espin, sister of Vilma Espin, emptying the magazine of his machine gun in his body, in the office of Raul Castro

 Image result for Raul Castro "suicided" his sister in law Nilsa Espin, sister of Vilma Espin

 As I see it: A witness to Cuban revolution warns: Do not trust Raúl Castro
I know that Raúl "suicided" his sister-in-law Nilsa Espín, emptying a full magazine from a submachine gun into her body.
LAURENCE S. DALEY, 'As I See It'
LAURENCE S. DALEY, Havana, 1959
Today both the editorial cartoon on swatting a small drone and the cartoon section proper brought a measure of joy and thus were of great relief to me. For this humor gave me needed distraction from the nightmare of reading how Raúl Castro has inveigled our State Department mission to Cuba.
Perhaps it is a presumption of mine, but I believe my knowledge of Raúl Castro's record is more extensive than that of most in the area. After all, in 1958 I was a member of assault group 6, in his brother's Column One.
My horror comes from watching terrified Batista prisoners at the captured town of Maffo trying to dance their fears away in a packed and sweaty ceremony, giving desperate pleas to the Afro Cuba G-d Chango.
More fear and dread comes from the knowledge that Raúl (for most call him that) earlier that year, on taking over the resistance to Batista north of the Cauto River, had shot the escopetero leadership who had been fighting against Batista. I recall at the end of that war the news images of the trenches on the golf course near Santiago which he filled with machine-gunned prisoners.
I know that Raúl "suicided" his sister-in-law Nilsa Espín, emptying a full magazine from a submachine gun into her body.
However, most of all I remember his message sent verbally to me, at the University of Havana, when I was newly released from Castro prison after the Bay of Pigs.
The message said, in Spanish of course, "Do not worry; nothing is going to happen to you!"
I immediately went to the British Embassy in Havana, for I was born in Liverpool. There I explained my circumstance: Raúl knows who I am; Raúl is a liar, my life is in extreme jeopardy.
The British Ambassador, Herbert Stanley Marchant, agreed, and rapidly made arrangements. I left on the Salinas a British cargo ship for Panama.
That was 54 years ago.
My plea is to all, especially in the U.S. government: Do not trust Raúl Castro. He is a devious murderer and an expert in deception! His word is worthless, and his intentions evil.
Laurence S. Daley (García-Iñiguez), is a Corvallis resident.





No comments:

Post a Comment